Wednesday, April 29, 2015

REVITAL, A Look Back, Caryn Mikkelsen, Librarian, Volta Elementary School

As I write my final blog post for the REVITAL Program, I am reflecting on the two years that I have been part of this technology grant.  It has made such a positive impact on my library program.

Bringing the iPads and Chromebooks into the library, has elevated the technology, student learning and educational experiences for all the students in my school.  When I think about all the great projects shared by all the CPS librarians in the grant and all the wonderful resources generated from this grant, it has really impacted the way I use technology in my library.  Students are able to collaborate at school, create at school, and publish at school all which meet the Common Core standards.  


With the purchase of additional Chromebooks from my administrators, I now have 1:1 technology in the library. Students are highly motivated to work and I am able to create projects that are engaging and meaningful for student learning. Because the Chromebooks are so easy to use, easy to share, easy to manage and have such a long battery life, the students in all grade levels, first through eighth, love having this technology available in the library.

This has been such a positive experience, I am so grateful for the opportunity to have been part of this wonderful grant.  At Volta, we are 21st Century learners and thinkers!  Thank you, REVITAL Program!

No comments:

Post a Comment