Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Fun with Chromebooks Peggy Rux, Pasteur Elementary School

As we reach the end of our two year REVITAL grant. I want to say how grateful I am to have been a part of such a wonderful experience. One of the main reasons I applied for this grant was to be able to become more competent using technology with my students and become a leader in technology integration at my school.  While I believe I have accomplished these goals, I still have a long way to go!


Students at all levels are very comfortable using the iPads. Their favorite app would be Toontastic.  Students love creating cartoons!! This year I had to teach Health classes as well as Media and my students were concerned they would not be able to use the app. No worries, I just had them create cartoons about a health topic! Another popular app with my classes is Stack the States.  Great trivia questions! The older students really like Educreations for presentations.  


While all my students can use the iPads with ease, I feel my older students really like using the Chromebooks more. They like the fact that it works more like a laptop, with its larger screen and keyboard. They like to practice their keyboarding skills using the website typing.com. The web based format of Brainpop is also more popular with my students. It offers much more then the App version.  They have been collaboration using Google Drive which is something I hope to do more with my younger students next year.

Through this grant I have gained a lot of knowledge that I have shared with my fellow teachers. Together we have planned some great lessons. Students are using their media time completing research, creating slideshows and collaborating on Drive. I hope to continue this next year and have already started planning with our Instructional Leadership Team on implementing more technology into our lessons. I want to thank Colleen and Lisa for all their support. I also want to say a big thank you to all of my fellow grant recipients for all the great links, lesson plans and collaboration along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment